***************VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ **************************************
Code of Conduct
All coaches, players, parents and spectators shall conduct themselves in an orderly and professional manner. Everyone shall show respect and good sportsmanship toward players, coaches, spectators, officials and MJBL staff at all times. Physically assaulting, punching, verbally abusing, cursing, derogatory comments and/or threatening any player, coach, official, parent, spectator or MJBL staff is strictly prohibited.
Any individual violating the Code of Conduct are subject to penalties:
- If a player or coach gets 2 technical fouls, an automatic ejection from the game and automatic suspension for the next game (& possibly more).
- If a parent or fan steps on the court to challenge a referee, player or coach, that individual will be ejected from the gym and automatic suspension for the next game (& possibly more).
- If a punch is thrown, an automatic ejection from the game and minimum 3 game suspension.
Spectator Code of Conduct
Spectators should NEVER address the referees. It doesn't matter if you think the referee is out of position or makes a bad call. It is exclusively up to the coach to respectfully address the referees. If a spectator disrespectfully addresses a referee, that team's coach will be subject to the following penalties.
1. After the first offense, the referee will give a warning to the coach and it is the coach's responsibility to make sure their spectators are aware of the warning and the potential penalties if the behavior continues.
2. If it happens again from any spectator on that team (it does not have to be the same individual), the referee will issue a technical foul to the coach. Again, it is the coach's responsibility to make the spectators aware of why the technical was issued and make them aware of the potential penalties if the behavior continues.
3. If it happens a 3rd time from any spectator on that team (again, it does not have to be the same individual), the game will end and it will be declared a forfeit loss for the offending team, regardless of the time remaining or the current score.
Referee Code of Conduct
Referees should NEVER address spectators. If a referee has an issue with a spectator, they should follow the guidelines above and issue the warnings and technical fouls to the coach, without speaking to the spectators.
If a referee disrespectfully addresses a spectator or coach, the referee will NOT be paid for that game and may face suspension from future games.
Post Game Code of Conduct
Once the game ends, there is absolutely no reason to continue to argue or berate a referee, coach or opposing parent. Any spectator that approaches a referee, coach, staff member or other spectator in an aggressive, threatening or disrespectful manner after a game will be automatically suspended for at least 1 game.
ALL DECISIONS OF THE MONROE SPORTS CENTER & CENTRAL JERSEY BASKETBALL MANAGEMENT ARE FINAL & CANNOT BE APPEALED.
There will be NO refund or credit for any missed games due to suspension
It is the responsibility of each team Manager(s) and/or Head Coach to review the Code of Conduct with their players & parents prior to the start of the season.