MSC Basketball Class Policies & Safety Measures
(June 11) MSC & CJB are very excited to begin all basketball classes and clinics the week of June 22, with the exception of Kelvin's Basketball Academy, which will start the week of June 29. This includes All Star Sports, Small Fry at MSC, Small Fry at CJB, Mini MSC Hawks Skills, Skills Sessions, Girls Skills, and Elite Guard Training. Click on each program for specific schedules as well as online registration. MSC will be implementing the following policies and precautions to keep all players and coaches as safe as possible. Please note that many of these safety measures and policies are subject to change as restrictions continue to be lifted by the government.
Players will automatically be placed in the remaining weeks of the basketball class that you were previously registered for. Consistent with our usual makeup policy for basketball classes, with at least 24 hours notice customers may switch to any class at the same level on a different day. These makeups may carry over to future seasons so if you are unable to use all of your makeups before the end of the summer, you can use those makeups in the fall or any other future season.
Basketball Class Safety Measures
1. Any staff member or customer experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 or anyone who has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past two weeks should not enter the facility. Any staff member or customer who has traveled to another country or to a state on the quarantine list should not attend any MSC events for 2 weeks following their return.
2. Players should bring their own basketball. Make sure to write your name on your basketball. There will be no basketballs available at MSC or CJB.
3. Basketball Coaches will use teaching aids and court markings to keep players spaced apart from each other as much as possible. There will be no scrimmaging or 1 on 1 drills until further notice.
4. Basketball Classes will all use a full court or the outdoor court, weather and space permitting, and classes will be limited to 10 players per court with 1 coach.
5. Players will be instructed to wash their hands at every break.
6. Players and parents will be directed where to enter and exit their court. Parents will be encouraged to drop off older players for their class and parents of younger players may sit on the court or in the lobby to watch their kids, with a limit of 1 parent/guardian per player. Parents watching the class should be socially distanced from each other and should wear a mask. Cleaning spray and paper towels will be left on each court and in the lobby so the coaches and customers can wipe down chairs and tables before and after all classes.
7. As much as possible, the start times on each court will be staggered in order to limit the amount of contact between players entering and exiting their courts.
8. Signs will be put on the bathrooms that say maximum 2 people in the bathroom at one time. Also, when we send the court numbers each morning to clinic players, we will send a reminder that players should use the bathroom at home if possible to hopefully avoid using our public restroom, but that the restroom will still be available.
9. Whenever possible, doors will be propped open so players can avoid touching door handles.
10. All basketball class registration must be done in advance and all payments must be made online in advance. There will be no walk-ins for basketball classes. We would like to avoid all transactions at the desk if possible. We would actually like to avoid as much contact between customers and staff at the desk as possible. With payments being made online and signs directing players right onto and off the court, players and parents should really have no reason to congregate at the desk.
11. Water fountains and vending machines will be shut down and taped off. Players are reminded to bring their own waterbottles and not share with anyone.