MSC COVID-19 Safety Measures for Basketball Camps
(July 6) Monroe Sports Center is committed to keeping all of our customers as safe as possible from COVID-19. The health and well-being of our campers and their families are our #1 priority. Camp activities will be designed to reduce potential COVID-19 transmission.
Basketball Camp Safety Measures
1. Any staff member or customer experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 or anyone who has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past two weeks should not enter the facility.
2. The camps will be held outdoors at all times unless inclement weather (rain or excessive heat) forces us indoors to the gym. If we are forced to have camp inside, coaches will be running drills, contests and other activities that allow as much social distancing as possible.
3. Beginning at 8:30am each morning of camp, the lead caoch will be checking in campers on the side parking lot where the outdoor basketabll courts are located. We strongly encourage everyone to register for camp in advance to avoid having to come inside to register in person at the MSC desk.
4. To begin camp, the coaching staff will divide the campers into groups of no more than 10 players per group, based on age and skill level. Each group will be assigned a coach to be with them throughout the entire day. As long as the camp remains outdoors, campers will scrimmage and play live games within their group of 10. If the camp is forced to go inside that day, there will be no scrimmages or live drills.
5. Bathrooms at MSC will be set up so that only one person at a time may use the bathroom to avoid contact between players from different groups. The side entrance door next to the parking lot with the outdoor hoops allows direct access to the bathrooms. Players are to wait outside until the previous camper occupying the bathroom exits MSC.
6. Water fountains and vending machines will be shut down and taped off. Players are reminded to bring their own waterbottles and not share with anyone.
7. Players should bring their own basketballs. Make sure to write your name on your basketball. There will be no basketballs available at MSC.
8. It Is not mandatory for players to wear a mask while actively participating in camp. We encourage all players to bring a mask to wear while checking in, taking breaks or other potential down time. Parents should wear a mask when checking in their child and if you enter the building for any reason.
9. During every water break, players will be directed to our alcohol-based hand sanitizer (60%+) where they will wash their hands.
10. As campers will spend significant time outside during the day, we ask that players apply sunscreen before you arrive as well as bring sunscreen with you. Coaches will be planning breaks for players to re-apply sunscreen throughout the day.
11. Full day campers must bring their own lunch, and campers will be spaced out during lunchtime.
12. MSC is a 78,000 square foot indoor facility with 30ft+ ceilings and a state of the art HVAC system with circulating fans and exhaust sytems that keep the air flowing each night and during the day so even when campers are inside, the air flow is very similar to being outside.
13. MSC follows the CDC approved cleaning guidelines for all areas inside and outside the facility.