MSC & CJB COVID-19 Safety Measures for Indoor Basketball Games
(Oct 12) MSC is very excited to announce that the Fall Adult League will be played exclusively inside and that the Fall MJBL and Basketball Tournaments will be played both inside and outside. Click on each program for more information as well as online registration. MSC will be implementing the following policies and precautions to keep all players, coaches, referees and spectatorss as safe as possible during outdoor games. Please note that many of these safety measures and policies are subject to change as restrictions continue to be changed by the government.
Basketball Game Safety Measures
1. Any staff member or customer experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 or anyone who has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past two weeks should not enter the facility.
2. Teams should bring their own basketballs. Make sure to write your name on your basketball. There will be no basketballs available at MSC or CJB.
3. Hand sanitizer will be placed on the scorer's table. Referees will be instructed to wash their hands at every break. It is recommended that coaches & players wash their hands at every break as well.
4. Cleaning spray and paper towels will also be placed on the scorer's table. Coaches & Players may wipe down the benches before and/or after their game.
4. Only 1 parent volunteer may be asked to keep score. This 1 parent volunteer will be responsible for doing both the clock and the book. There will be hand sanitizer and cleaning spray on the scorer's table so the scorekeeper can wipe down any common surfaces.
5. Coaches, players and parents will be directed where to enter and exit their court. Everyone should wait until the previous game or event exits before entering the court.
6. Spectators should be limited to 1 spectator per player when possible.
7. All spectators should be socially distanced and must wear a mask.
8. As much as possible, the start times on each court will be staggered in order to limit the amount of contact between players entering and exiting their courts.
9. Signs will be put on the bathrooms that say maximum 2 people in the bathroom at one time. Players should use the bathroom at home if possible to hopefully avoid using our public restroom, but the restroom will still be available.
9. Whenever possible, doors will be propped open so customers can avoid touching door handles.
10. All basketball league and tournament registration must be done in advance and all payments must be made online in advance. We would like to avoid all transactions at the desk if possible. We would actually like to avoid as much contact between customers and staff at the desk as possible. With payments being made online and signs directing players right onto and off the court, players and parents should really have no reason to congregate at the desk.
11. Water fountains and vending machines will be shut down and taped off. Players are reminded to bring their own waterbottles and not share with anyone.