MSC COVID-19 Policies & Procedures for Tennis Reopening
(Dec 9) We hope you and your families are staying healthy and safe during these challenging times. Monroe Sports Center is happy to remain open and provide the opportunity for our customers to continue some sense of normalcy by playing sports. MSC is officially open for tennis with several restrictions in order to keep our customers and staff safe. All court reservations must be made by calling 609-426-4000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that many of these safety measures and policies are subject to change as restrictions continue to be changed by the governement.
Restrictions & Safety Measures
1. Any staff member or customer experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 or anyone who has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past two weeks should not enter the facility.
2. All tennis lessons and groups may be private lessons or group lessons with the full amount of players in your group. If some players in the group are not comfortable playing at this time, the group's court time will be moved to the end of the season. If other players in the group are comfortable playing, they may purchase open court lessons or court time at the same day & time as their season court or another day & time, based on availability.
3. During a lesson, it is suggested that only the pro should touch the tennis balls and tennis hoppers. When all the balls from the cart have been fed, the pro should use the hopper to pick up the balls and the player may get a drink and wait for the pro to pick up all the balls. It is suggested that there is no serving during the lesson because that requires the player to touch the ball, but this is not a requirement. Players may also choose to wear a glove on their off hand so they are not touching the tennis balls with their bare hands when they serve. If the player and the pro both feel comfortable serving, you may choose to do so.
4. Open play may be singles or doubles. Customers must bring their own tennis balls or they may purchase them from the desk, but they must take the balls with them when they leave.
5. Customers should still wait until the previous customer exits before entering the court
6. As much as possible, court time will be scheduled on the hour on courts 1,3,5,7. Court time will be scheduled on the half hour on courts 2,4,6,8. This will allow less contact between players entering and exiting the court.
7. Parents will be encouraged to drop off older players for their lessons and parents of younger players must watch from the lobby. Cleaning spray and paper towels will be left on each court so the pros and customers can wipe down benches & chairs before and after all court time.
8. There will be no demo racquets available.
9. If a stray ball comes onto your court, do not pick it up with your hands. Please use your racquet and/or foot to return the ball to the proper court.
10. MSC staff members at the desk will be sitting behind a temporary plexiglass partition and are required to wear masks when customers are nearby.
11. MSC staff will be responsible for wiping down the lobby tables & chairs as well as door handles and railings every hour. We have stocked up on hand sanitizer and cleaning spray so we are prepared to keep the faciilty extremely clean.
12. Signs will be put on the bathrooms that say maximum 2 people in the bathroom at one time. Also, when we send the court numbers each morning, we will send a reminder that players should use the bathroom at home if possible to hopefully avoid using our public restroom, but that the restroom will still be available.
13. Whenever possible, doors will be propped open so customers can avoid touching door handles.
14. All court time and lessons must be booked in advance and all payments must be made online in advance. We would like to avoid all transactions at the desk if possible. We would actually like to avoid as much contact between customers and staff at the desk as possible. With payments being made online, court assignments being emailed in advance and signs directing players right onto and off the court, players should really have no reason to congregate at the desk.
15. Water fountains and vending machines will be shut down and taped off. Players are reminded to bring their own waterbottles and not share with anyone.
16. Tennis Pros should require payment by Venmo or other electronic platform only to avoid handling cash or checks.
17. Tennis Pros that have a gap in their schedule should either wait in their car or at least limit their movement within the facility as much as possible while they wait for their next lesson.
18. Players must remove all personal items and throw out all trash after play.
As we all know, there are many different perspectives and risk factors that go into feeling safe during these times. If any customer or staff member does not feel comfortable being at MSC, that is perfectly understandable and you should absolutely stay home until you feel safe. Once again, all makeups will be carried over indefinitely so no money that has previously been spent at MSC will be lost.